Gratitude Experiment, iii

Even the simulation of an emotion tends to arouse it in our minds. -Charles Darwin, 1872

Smile. Smile even if you don’t feel like you’re in a particularly smiley mood. Smile especially if you don’t feel like you’re in a particularly smiley mood. I’m not saying that you need to be happy all the time or that you need to try to be, because all your feelings are valid and it’s okay not to be okay, but there is a science behind smiling. Don’t take my word for it; give it a try!

output_f6ue7a (1)

original gif

As a recap from last week, share with me who you let know you’re grateful for. What about them are you grateful for? Are you grateful that the cat deems you worthy of petting her?

I’m grateful for my professor who makes an explicit effort in class to get me out of my comfort zone and participate in large classroom discussions. I could very well sit quietly and happily in the classroom and absorb all the intellectual discussion around me. It touches me that my professor would care so much about my learning experience :’)