Happy first day of college, 2019!
5 Tips for success:
1. Wake up with enough time for breakfast before your first class. You’ll feel energized and ready to seize the day. It will also help you avoid rushing and scrambling to get ready.
2. Don’t be afraid to shop classes! Professors know it is shopping week so it is expected that students come and go. Grab the syllabus, sit in for a bit and head on over to another class to check it out! #noworries
3. Ask for help! If you don’t know where a classroom is or how to use BIONIC, there is always someone nearby to help. DLT members, upperclassmen, professors, library workers, etc. Everyone knows Thomas is a maze, so don’t worry about appearing “dumb.”
4. Be sure to dress comfortably! The more comfortable you are, the more confident you’ll be.
5. R – E – L – A – X…Remember, it’s everybody’s first day of classes. Plus, there’s a lovely convocation picnic to look forward to at the end of the day!