1. Plan your work by the week rather than by the day.
2. Write down all of your to-dos, appointments and assignments in a wall calendar, daily planner, and/or online calendar so you don’t miss deadlines and can use time wisely.
3. When you are done a task, cross it out. It can be very satisfying!
4. Learn when you’re most productive and with what type of assignments and tasks.
5. Be realistic with yourself about how much time you need to prepare or finish an assignment, project or reading.
6. Be selective in your commitments and constantly reflect if they truly represent your interest and long-term goals. Don’t be ashamed or afraid to stop doing something that isn’t working for you